Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-05-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
greys
Starter Motor

Default Window Delays

The window switches (both front doors) on my 99 AU Futura do not work when I first enter the vehicle and start up, but will invariably operate the windows after about three or four minutes of running. This is the case regardless of whether I furiously switch the thing up and down or simply leave it alone. And it happens on both switches - when one starts then so does the other. I have been told by the dealer that it could be the switch contacts but this seems at odds with the time delay and the fact that it will work after a while whether or not I have jiggled it a lot. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem? :

greys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

this still could be due to dodgy conections... take the seitches out, put a bit of fine sandpaper on them, and see if it makes any difference... if it does - problem solved, if not... you may have to go to an auto sparky to find out....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Here is the tech doc on how to remove your power window switches. http://fordforums.com.au/vbportal/mo...article&id=180

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
greys
Starter Motor

Thanks to all respondents - the problem was the contacts on the power window relay in the fuse panel under the dash - I removed and checked the driver side switches but no go - then jiggled the relay while engaging the switch in the 'up' position and bingo I had intermittent working - cleaned contacts on relay and all is sweet - both sides!.

thanks
greys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Glad you got it sorted!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post