Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
sednwol

Default Ford service centres you recommend.

Again in response to Daniels' plight I think it would be good to name the dealerships who have done right by us so others can try them. I don't really want to name dealers who have let us down but rather those only who looked after us. This thread could become a valuable data base for us!

sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

LOL! I just started a thread so we can share our horror stories and ripoffs! :

I love the forums!

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I'll bet you your thread will have less entries than mine! I'd be most happy to be wrong though!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer doesnt always do right by me, and i work there!!
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
My dealer doesnt always do right by me, and i work there!!
What a statement! LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 21-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #5
sednwol

Doesn't anyone have a name! :
Old 21-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I support Klosters in Newcastle. They have given me great service over the last seven years and 4 vehicles. They are fair and go into bat on your side with Ford if necessary. Having said that I have found Ford excellent as well, provided you explain your side in a sane way.
At the same time I also understand that a big dealer is going to stuff up occasionally and if treated fairly all usually works out.
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #7
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

You have to be kidding Ford "service" where would you get that at ford
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

Brad Garlick Ford at Top Ryde.

new sponsors of the Falcon-Tickford-FPV Car Club of NSW.

i bought my car there, and had no drama's whatsoever.
Old 21-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #9
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

Warrnambool Ford is fantastic!
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

WinFord Ford at McGraths Hill/Windsor NSW
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #11
blue terra
au=gold

Power Ford Castle hill. Had no troubles with them since taking my falc there. Trust them 100%. Always looking after my needs. And they havent been too easy lately either.
blue terra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #12
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
Warrnambool Ford is fantastic!
Thanks dude, I work there.
I recommend them too, coz they let me do my occational backyarders at work.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #13
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
LOL! I just started a thread so we can share our horror stories and ripoffs! :

I love the forums!

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I'll bet you your thread will have less entries than mine! I'd be most happy to be wrong though!

Cheers,

GK
Getting a run for your money now GK, u have 13 he has 11 (not counting mine)
Old 22-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #14
minheim

Etheridge Ford Ringwood. Been using them for six years and great service. They listen, explain and consider. I drive from Preston to Ringwood and so wait for the car while it is serviced. Never seen them talk down to or be rude to a customer while I'm waiting and often see them go out of their way to help. They are always happy to take a second look if asked and for niggly noises will actually do a good test drive with you to identify possible causes.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #15
chief
FTF Club Moderator

As HLC has said. Brad Garlick at Top Ryde. Great service. Good people. and a club sponsor.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #16
sednwol

Quote:
Etheridge Ford Ringwood. Been using them for six years and great service.
Not far from me that's good. I don't think I'll go to Kn*x ford FTG, they were clueless with my XF.
Old 23-06-2006, 08:14 AM   #17
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Although not a Ford service centre (although Ford does send a LOT of their new cars to them anyway ... because they do a better job ... LOL)

Crescent Motorsport
54 Macquarie Street
Liverpool NSW

Peter Warren Ford at Warwick Farm send a lot of their cars to Crescent to get servicing and "too hard" work to be done.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #18
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkus
Getting a run for your money now GK, u have 13 he has 11 (not counting mine)
Not quite right! If you actually add up the recommendations (actual Ford dealers named) I reckon the other thread is still in front! LOL!

I just counted this thread has 7 (+'s) and 2 (-'s) and the other thread has 10 (-'s) plus 2 more from this thread. That puts the tally at 12:7.

In fairness though, my thread is about horror stories, not neccessarily to name bad dealers, that's the choice of the poster though! LOL!

It's all fun IMO! I hereby declare that I won't be counting the threads anymore, enough counting I say! LOL! :

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 23-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #19
Autocade

Strapp Ford Kew (also a site sponser)have been good to me over several years but are closing this branch in a couple of weeks
I am hoping to get treated as well at their Doncaster branch for my next service so will be interested to see if anybody gives them the thumbs up
Autocade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 02:37 AM   #20
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Normally people will DO the bag thing because they are used to that. Like Newspapaers BAD news sells and so the OTHER thread will attract many.

I have noticed in the Other thread a complaint about THOMSON Ford. I work for them and I guess that there are times that it may seem like rip offs to many but, In the Service departmment at THOMSON Ford are MANY letter of recomendation written by REAL people who have found the SERVICE there great. I think that sometimes we hear only BAD things because some people like to point out troubles they SUPPOSEDLY had because they were a major part of their OWN problems?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 03:24 AM   #21
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Normally people will DO the bag thing because they are used to that. Like Newspapaers BAD news sells and so the OTHER thread will attract many.

I have noticed in the Other thread a complaint about THOMSON Ford. I work for them and I guess that there are times that it may seem like rip offs to many but, In the Service departmment at THOMSON Ford are MANY letter of recomendation written by REAL people who have found the SERVICE there great. I think that sometimes we hear only BAD things because some people like to point out troubles they SUPPOSEDLY had because they were a major part of their OWN problems?
I feel you have been too harsh here Papa Smurf. I read the complaint about Thompson Ford on the other thread and all Merkus did was outline that $1000 for a service was way too dear and state that the same service with another company would have saved him $600! What the heck is wrong with that?

If I get this straight, in this post you are having a go at people who aren't "REAL." Merjus is a real person.

Or is it people who only say "BAD" things about Ford service, especially were you work. You're in for a nasty shock because most people on this forum don't seem to trust Ford with servicing their vehicle and in fact prefer to do it themselves.

Or is it people who imagine trouble with Ford service, or who think they charge too much, or those who have had trouble that isn't real but in fact "SUPPOSED!" I doubt these experiences are imagined!

Or is it people who deserve dodgy service because somehow "THEY" were at fault? No one deserves bad service, from any dealer.

Please!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 24-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #22
sednwol

I think what we are seeing here is that there is an alarming amount of overcharge/incompetence at Ford. Sure some are happy, but it should be ALL Thats the point I think Papa Smurf is missing. Good quality servicing and fair pricing should be expected (and delivered), sadly it is not.
Old 24-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #23
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

I just posted in the other thread about this. i cant be stuffed copying and pasting please read the other thread for my comments, but in brief, FORD, or any other car manufacturer should provide to there clients the Best possible service at the Best possible price. How much does Ford charge for a basic service, oil & filter, & check of fluid levels???
Cause to me $5 for a filter (last time i got two for the price of 1 so really only $2.50), and what $30 for oil, so for like $35, Plus what 10 minutes on a hoist, and a few minutes having a look at power steering fluid, radiator & brake fluid, quick squize while its on the hoist at a few things. How much is it really worth??? Honestly.
And in regards to Merkus $1000 service that could have been done for $400, how can ford warrant that one??? Wheres the extra $600 dollars come into play??? I work my numbers in beer, and to me that $600 is about 15 cartons of beer, thats 360 stubbies sitting in my fridge, rather than 360 stubbies in fords fridge. Wheres the "Fair" pricing, and to me all those "REAL" people sound like they will be bloddy thirsty cause they dont have those 360 beers in there fridge, ford has them. As i said in the other post, i dont mind paying extra for Good work. But $600 extra, 360 stubbies extra onto of a 240 stubbies job is just plain wrong.

There are good ford dealers, but as i said in the other thread, any car, any team, any business is only as good as its weakest component, and in the case of ford service, they are only as good as the mechanics they employ. Personally, i wont take my car back to the local ford dealer, the one 45 mins up the road, yeah probably will next time if i need to, just to try em out, but if someone comes to me and asks hey col, where should i take my car to get some work done to it, i wont be reccommending my local ford dealer, or some other mechanics in the area that i have had dealings with, if they do they work thats required well, and do it at a reasonable price (as said i dont mind paying a few extra stubbies for good work), then i will recommend them, that applies to ford dealers, holden dealers, toyota dealers, any mechanic, or infact any business.

Just read through some posts on here about any service or product be it audio components, car care, parts & accessories, general matenance items, tyres, oil, spark plugs & leads, anything at all, people will have good comments about some and some will have negative comments, all from personal experience from these products or from the experiences of others.

Why do we use these forums??? For advice from mates. All it is is one mate telling another of his or her experiences with certain things, so that each and every one of us can make an informed decision about what to do. If i have any problems with my car, or if i want to upgrade something or change something or add something to my car, guess where my first point of call will be, these forums, why?? cause i can get honest responses from REAL people who have had REAL positive or negative experiences.

Cheers

Col,

PS. God i love these forums.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #24
GK
Walking with God

Well said autickfordfairmont! Well said.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 24-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #25
sednwol

Quote:
i love these forums.
Totally agree, and as a new XR8 owner a real Godsend. It has saved me money and worry re "that ticking noise" that I now know is an easy fix solenoid, and the "Shhhhing" sound problem that someone is now willing to fix for me. What a real blessing you guys are!

I hope some Ford service centres get wind of this forum and take the time to read these and other comments. As we have seen some of them need a big wake up call. As for me my local mechanic will now be servicing my new baby, (I know him well and can trust him) and not Ford!
Old 24-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #26
GK
Walking with God

Trust is not easily earned and very easily destroyed. Hang onto that mechanic then!

I agree, this forum is indeed a blessing!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 26-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #27
sednwol

: No other recommendations guys?
Old 26-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #28
camerooch

Knox Ford in Bayswater.
Ask for Steve - He is a "No-Nonsense" sort of guy who will be honest with you - Even if you don't want to hear it !!
Tell him CAMEROOCH sent you.

Hours: 7.30 am to 5.30pm - Mon-Friday

Phone: (03) 8727 6888
camerooch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #29
sednwol

Quote:
Knox Ford in Bayswater
Don't you mean Ferntree Gully or do they have a service centre in Bayswater?
Old 26-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #30
camerooch

They actually have 2.
Main Dealership in Ferntree Gully and Bayswater is on Mountain Hwy.
Basically opposite the Siemens Building. :eclipsee_

http://www.knoxford.com.au/service_bayswater.htm
camerooch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post