Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Default I stuffed up

Hey guys,

I was doing a U-turn from a side street this arvo and didn't look behind me properly, and long story short a lady in a Daewoo smacked in to my rear quarter.

Pretty gutted at the moment, I don't know what to do. I've only got third party so I've got no hope of getting it repaired.

The car is in mint condition beside the damage so I really want to keep it. It's only got 160,000km on it and the head gasket has just been done. It's been a pretty good car to have.

Does anyone know how hard it is to rip the quarter off and get it replaced professionally? Sunny reckons the boot floor should pull out. The floor itself is fine, the side is pushed in a tiny bit.

Anyways, tell me what you think I should do.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize1.jpg (52.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg resize2.jpg (80.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg resize3.jpg (73.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg resize4.jpg (99.2 KB, 113 views)
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

when my car had similar damage i had it doen through my insurance. i asked at the time what kind of money that sort of repair is worth and they said around 2500 worth....

certainly isnt cheap....

might be much more cost effective to reshell it
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #3
Sundeep
Banned

I'm shattered man : I wanna cry.

I loved that car like it was my own car.

We'll figure it out!

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

*****... sorry to hear man.. Thank god you had 3rd party, thats for sure.

Anyhow, is there any structural damage? Or is the fender just collapsed in?

You'll get through it mate.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #5
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate, bad luck. Thats always a terrible spot to get damage. If you need a hand, give me a yell and ill help somehow.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
TUFED6
Banned

That sucks! :(

I've never done one, I wonder how hard it is just to unpick all the welds in that quarter and tack a new one on?

I reckon get up to pick-a-part and see how hard it is to get one off.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
crannersEL
Banned

Yeah like stevo said mate, im up for giving you a hand getting the car back on the road, sorry to hear the bad news man :-(
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #8
Damo
Banned

bog it up and spray it. :P

heh, nah that sucks mate, I know exactly how you feel. :( I'll give you a hand if you decide to strip it. My EA is for sale ;)
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
Tiga_EL
Banned

Damn.. Looks nasty...
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #10
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Thanks guys, i'll take it into the panel beaters tomorrow and see what they say I hope it doesn't cost *TOO* much.....I'll probably just take it off the road for a while and slowly do it all, I don't wanna see this car go to waste!

EDIT: On a good note, the doughnuts I got from Krispy Kreme were all un-harmed and intact.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:29 AM   #11
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

I thought if you got hit from behind its the other persons fault and so you can claim it on their insurance???
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
I thought if you got hit from behind its the other persons fault and so you can claim it on their insurance???
Since it was more in the side than it is behind, I doubt you'd be able to do that.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:35 AM   #13
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Still if you doing U turn and get hit from a car coming up behind you to me it sounds the same, thats unless U turn was done in the wrong spot or wrong time.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 01:19 AM   #14
Kryton

i can put you onto a retired panel beater that could do this for cheap but he is in warrnambool and you probably wouldnt have your car for anywhere up to 3 months.
i had a radiator support panel removed and replaced ( i bought the replacement) and the chassis rails checked and realigned for $400. panels cost about $150-$200 each to paint back to new condition.
his work is also A1 i must add too.
if you chose to go through him, get a quarter panel from the wreckers and he will fit it for you. panel doesnt have to be properly removed either, he will clean the 'new' panel up and fit it for you.
if your interested pm me for his details.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 04:38 AM   #15
fo3oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
Still if you doing U turn and get hit from a car coming up behind you to me it sounds the same, thats unless U turn was done in the wrong spot or wrong time.
Sounds more like he idicated left then pulled off to the side where a side street junction was, then pulled out to turn around right.
So it was more like he did a right turn without giving way.
Tough break, I've had a close calls doing similar things in my work van because there's so many blindspots.
fo3oz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 AM   #16
jorg20057000

If there where no u turn sighns or or it was not ilegal to do a uturn at that type intersection It is perfectly legal to do a uturn as long as you indicated ,its the others persons fault ,they should have kept a safe distance they where probably to busy looking to see if other cars coming to the left or right instead of looking ahead when they took of driving.

Last edited by jorg20057000; 08-07-2006 at 05:09 AM.
jorg20057000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #17
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Feel for yah mate. It happens, a second of mis-concentration can have severe consequences.

Going by the pics the car has been repaired in that same exact spot before. I would run over the entire car in great detail and see what else is hidden.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #18
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

phew... as long as the donuts are ok...

i hate seeing e-series that are injured. dont stress, i am sure you will be able to make it beautiful again.

would a panel beater cut the damaged bit out, and weld a straight section from another???