Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Romantic Weekend Getaways in Victoria

I have to start out by saying this isn't for me, as my version of a romantic weekend away would be to the drag strip or a car show.... :

Anyway my brother-in-law is looking for a romantic weekend getaway to take my sister to for her birthday and he's asked me (of all people) to help find somewhere nice.

Now he would like it within 2 hours of Bendigo, and a hotel with a spa. That's all i've been told. Of course he doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars. So probably less than $800.

Any suggestions on some nice places around Victoria, that might be worth having a look at for him???

Cheers
Melz

Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Try google searching bed and breakfasts, a lot of them are secluded and let you have an entire house to yourself with spa, pool, outdoor entertainment/bbq area and generally if they are on a property or out of town/city they'll have horses/bikes/trails for you to use at your own pleasure with qualified instructors.

I looked at something like this for me and my girfriend for our 2yrs anniversary and it came to be around $500 for two nights (off-peak holiday season though)
Old 08-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been googling for the past 1hr, thought it might be worth a try in here, to see if anyone knew some good places
Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Warranmang Winery At Moonambel [ near Avoca] nice and remote, great cabins, restaurant to die for,spa overlooking vineyards, no phones or telly in cabins, tennis courts etc etc, i can vouch for this place, its great. Cheers John
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #5
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...y/bedbreakfast

There are some nice bed and breakfasts. I looked at one for $300ish with fireplace and spa in room, 4 1/2 stars, looked very nice.

Edit: I would also suggest checking out where you are staying before booking, I do this all the time and it has saved me many times from very bad, expensive places. (Especially in Sydney 5 star hotels)
Old 08-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

mmm Two hours from Bendigo... Limits it somewhat...

Hepburn Springs, there are some fantastic places there, that are not that expensive and she can indulge in a relaxation treatment. If you google Hepburn Springs you should be right.

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm still not going out with you bogan Craig ... I've found a nice place in Hepburn Springs called "The Springs Retreat".
Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I'm still not going out with you bogan Craig ... I've found a nice place in Hepburn Springs called "The Springs Retreat".

LOL Mel you missed your chance baby...I am moving to BRISVEGAS!!!!!!! : _2:

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I have to start out by saying this isn't for me, as my version of a romantic weekend away would be to the drag strip or a car show.... :

Anyway my brother-in-law is looking for a romantic weekend getaway to take my sister to for her birthday and he's asked me (of all people) to help find somewhere nice.

Now he would like it within 2 hours of Bendigo, and a hotel with a spa. That's all i've been told. Of course he doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars. So probably less than $800.

Any suggestions on some nice places around Victoria, that might be worth having a look at for him???

Cheers
Melz
I have heard of a nice place in Echuca (Maddison day spa I think) Dont know how much it costs, but it should be within 2 hours of bendigo (I think) But somewhere along the Murray would be good (I have never been - my version of romatic is watching the sporting highlights whislt sitting on the couch ;)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #10
rodderz

Send a PM to JEM Melz, he has some villa units I believe in Daylesford that are up for accomodation for such weekends
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
TZENU
XY Driv3r

http://www.romanticgetaways.com.au/details.mgi2?id=554

hoping to go here for our 6 year anniversary