Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
steven95falc

Default t5 manual prices

Hey all i have got myself an auto for my ef just curious what sort of money i could ask for a full conversion kit clutch, cable pedal box, computor and all ?

steven95falc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
niko
likes falcon's

there not as common lately, a good condition conversion will fetch 1k or just over pending ecu
Old 09-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
steven95falc

Its all mint i may sell it in car that way people can test drive it before hand cos 1k would be awsome for it and then id make a few hunge and get me auto laughing
Old 09-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid $370 for mine, came with everything but an ecu (EB I box, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, cable, pedals, tailshaft) in fair nick, box was just a bit dirty though. plenty of clutch left.

cya
Ben

and why exactly do you want an auto?
BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
steven95falc

want an auto cos my turbo conversion is getting very close to being bolted in and a manual doesnt hold boost between gears like an auto so i have a auto waiting to be installed as part of my conversion, Plus i am an old man these days and cant be bothered with the manual every day in trafic heavy clutch ect who could be shagged.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven95falc
want an auto cos my turbo conversion is getting very close to being bolted in and a manual doesnt hold boost between gears like an auto so i have a auto waiting to be installed as part of my conversion, Plus i am an old man these days and cant be bothered with the manual every day in trafic heavy clutch ect who could be shagged.
So what you are saying is you are soft! lol :nutsycuck
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
steven95falc

At the end of the day id like my car to be fast and if you have the power noone can claim to be able to shift as fast as an auto so therefore im going an auto, But yes i will admit not to being soft but to being a complete slacker first thing in the morning.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
At the end of the day id like my car to be fast and if you have the power noone can claim to be able to shift as fast as an auto so therefore im going an auto, But yes i will admit not to being soft but to being a complete slacker first thing in the morning.
That dosent make sense.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
hppsc
Banned

Quote:
I can shift faster than an auto.. guarenteed. I can also stall it up better, launch better, drift better, do burnouts better, and have more fun with the manual ;)
hppsc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
steven95falc

maybe you can hppsc but i am waiting to see a decent quarter mile time out of a turbo manual if you present me with a slip then i will be happy to admit i am wrong :-)
Old 09-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #11
Gunns
Banned

Easprint 12.34 at 123mph
Old 09-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
steven95falc

ea 10.17 micks dyno in dande my whole point is i figure i may aswell do it all at once that way as i progress down the track i dont have to change it. i agree for na there is no substitute for a manual but as ive only ever played with turbo 6's ive found for a fast car an auto is alot better when you start wanting to do some times
Old 09-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
hppsc
Banned

steven, a stock BTR will die quicker than a T5 without a good cooler. Even then, both transmissions were mae for NA cars.

If you look after the T5 behind a turbo, it'll last. They die becuas of the incorrect driving/use of excessive power through them.
hppsc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #14
steven95falc

i am toying with what auto to run i have a c4 and axcess to a fairly cheap bell housing thru a good mate but am still keen to try a strenghthened 4 speed only because i like the idea of the overdrive,
Old 09-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #15
Gunns
Banned

Look at it this way a BTR good for 200rwkw after this point the problems start and strengthing will be need to get close to handling 300rwkw. A strengthend C4 will hold a fair bit more and it is proven. Look at Adrian Vella's C4, 380rwkw and the gear box has never missed a beat.

+ mikes dyno EA has a C4 that was built to handle 600hp, its no BTR that you were looking at.
+ it was on the bottle not just turboed.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #16
steven95falc

at first i am only aiming at the 200rwkw mark but donw the track i figure but i like the idea of the auto i may just go with the c4 i have in the shed straight of the bat then and forget about my dreams of having a 4th.