Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
FordFan86
meow

Default Laptop Adapter Info Needed

Dave (Ghia5L) Just sent me an sms saying that his laptop adapter has been laid. it's a "Fujitsu C series AC adapter number FPCAC23". He has no idea how to get one or where to get one. It also means no internet access for him, and he can not do any of his 4 th yr uni homework.

Any help would be appreciated.

FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
Dave (Ghia5L) Just sent me an sms saying that his laptop adapter has been laid. it's a "Fujitsu C series AC adapter number FPCAC23". He has no idea how to get one or where to get one. It also means no internet access for him, and he can not do any of his 4 th yr uni homework.

Any help would be appreciated.
by laptop adaptor you/he means the power cord?

you can buy a universal one from the places like dick smith and such

or try harvey norman if they are nice enough they will order you/him one.. i would do it for you but im in tville (i work for good guys and we have a similar laptop in stock)

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Jaycar stock a good one with a wide variety of plugs to suit most laptops. Around $70
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...Max=&SUBCATID=
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Firstly, thanks James for posting this for me

Yes, the adapter as per the Jaycar link is what I believe is bung. Its output particulars are: 16V 3.75A

Charles_wif_xf, I don't see a 3.75A option with that universal adapter, so I'm hesitant on trying Jaycar in this case. I have another two adapters at home but they'd probably spell death to the laptop as they're both roughly 18.xV 4.xA.

FALCONSR, I'll try the big retailers this arvo after uni (I'm at uni at the moment).

Thanks for the replies peoples ;)

-Dave-

EDIT: I've found three australian retailers through google, prices varying between $94.05 & $117.86, postage not included. Ouch!

I'm not concerned about sticking with Fujitsu (everytime I hear that name, I think of Mark Taylor trying to pronounce the word), it's just the output specs of 16V, 3.75A which I'd feel better with sticking to.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
EDIT: I've found three australian retailers through google, prices varying between $94.05 & $117.86, postage not included. Ouch!

I'm not concerned about sticking with Fujitsu (everytime I hear that name, I think of Mark Taylor trying to pronounce the word), it's just the output specs of 16V, 3.75A which I'd feel better with sticking to.
i think so long as you dont exceed those specs but dont go to low it should be alright... dont take my word..it could blow your computer up for all i know... but if you cant find the 3.75A anywhere fujitsu or the retailer you got it from should help

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Stuff the big retailers. They won't have what you are looking for and if they do, they will burn a hole through the pocket quicker than you can say "D'oh!". Look at the original adaptor and look at what voltage it needs and how much current the adaptor put out. As you said, it puts out 16V whilst supplying a current of 3.75A

There is a model above the one I posted which can supply up to 6A:

I use this in my car:

Old 15-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #7
BlackLS

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-POWER-AC-...QQcmdZViewItem

Around $32 Aussie dollars...INCLUDING POSTAGE! Use the old power cable for the Aussie plug or bend the USA plug sideways
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 05:54 PM   #8
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Well, I actually bit the bullet and paid $130 for one from Dick Smith, which was the cheapest local option I could find. I need my laptop for homework and it has important files on it relating to my final year project, and the lecturers won't accept "but my work was on the computer and I couldn't get into it and and and..."

So for me it was a case of paying the premium to access my laptop NOW, rather than in X days time. I suppose I could be "dishonest" and obtain another adapter via BlackLS's ebay link, and then return the Dick Smith adapter & get a refund, but it wouldn't feel right.

Thankyou all for the links and feedback, much appreciated.

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

You could have saved $30 but it's good nonetheless your 'top is running again.