Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Default GTR2 - Nearly here

so who here is looking forward to this game? i played gtr and gtl to death and cant wait for gtr2 to come 15 hours left to euro release!

anyone here familiar with racing sims? they are about the only games i play these day dont find anything else enjoyable :alien2: calms my nerves and temptations really lol

what setup do you guys drive on i have a logitech DFP atm

http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
SWOOP
XRSVO

Im hanging out for it ,V8factor got released on the weekend been hammering the mountain since ,so its calm here for now!
bit of a sim junky running GTL GTR RF ,makes anything like gt4 etc so boring and frustrating
my setup is a momo racing ,force 3d stick modded to a h-shifter and an advantage 3 pedal set in a small timber frame with a old sparco chair

have you got RF? as we could get somthing going online sometime
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

no i havent got RF actually only the demo ive been playing gtr and gtl too much again lol i started back with the sims about a month or two ago and have been occupied with those lol.
ive got a pair of saas buckets in the garage ill be making a chair out of and a h shifter is to come for me just havent got around to it. The dfp is made for gt4 apparently but since buying it i havent even played gt4 let alone with the wheel lol.

checking out v8factor now damn that looks good ill be getting it soon i think lol

Old 29-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
SWOOP
XRSVO

yes heard good things about the dfp (playstation only) and most use on Pc
I got my eye on the new g25 as Id prefer metal parts and 450 lock instead of 270
definetly get the full RF and addons v8factor and the aussie tracks ,full Nuerburg is another mind blower it so apears so real compared to anything avail or upcoming and free haha!!
just its a bit pc hungry
rfactorcentral has everything ,if not find links @RSC
Old 30-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #5
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Ive never heard of rFactor before, but after seeing those screenshot...I'm downloading it now!

Looks bloody schmick! And so many add-on mods....
Old 30-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

i bought rfactor with v8factor last night and i must say when i sat down and had a decent play got rid of that damn hud it is very impressive a few little bugs but nothing massive. great game.
id love to get a g25 but the price will be outrageous but it does have everything you could need. you really dont need more than 220 degrees lock unless your playing games like lfs but most games dont use more than 220 mine goes to 900 but its mostly on 220.

i also got GTR2 full version awesome bloody awesome. the graphics have been tidied up and the game runs a little better than part 1. cars come out of pits and onto the lineup with warmed brakes and tyres and the cars seeem a little easier to drive. there are a few new cars as well inc m3 gtr, 350z etc
the saleen and viper are now much easier to drive its dangerous to the opposition!

Old 30-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #7
Falcon Freak
Banned

Australian PC User magazine has a demo of GTR2 included in the DVD. I have played it and find it a very good racing simulator. I wish these guys would do a Grand Prix simulator as Grand Prix 4 just isn't up to scratch any more.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #8
SWOOP
XRSVO

Ruger the rf hud sucks I just use the motec , I bet gtr2 final is a blast
gt spec 350Z hmmm like the sound of that, havent been watching release dates etc is it out in AUS? now

Falcon Freak ,give the CDTP F1 MOD a go
Old 30-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #9
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread should have a warning "Warning: Contains high % of acronym's"

But on a further note..... These games are for PC are they? Are they good Sims, or arcades?
Im in need of a new game... havnt had much chance of playing in the last 8 months... but need a good game, now i have upgraded parts of the PC!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

My mate just got GTR2 so I'm waiting to get it off him. I've played R Factor and GTR with my dfp and its awesome. It uses 220 degree rotation when you first plug it in but you hold 3 buttons and it unlocks the full 900 degree rotation for any game. I'm playing V8s 3 at the moment, pretty boring and not quite a racing sim but trying to pass time till GTR2.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #11
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

im downloading GT Legends right now... it looks like good fun
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #12
Sapper
Back to the AU

Release date is October 6. This is a must get for anyone with a PC and a wheel. GTR makes Gran Turismo look like Namco Time Attack! With online play its the best racing sim i've ever played. My copy of GTR 2 is already preordered. :hihi:
Old 30-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #13
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you pre order from here ???

IT looks like a good bit of kit that..... Im thinking i might just have to get it
Old 30-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
Sapper
Back to the AU

From EB Games. If they don't have it on display then ask at the desk. You wont regret getting it!
Old 30-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
SWOOP
XRSVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
This thread should have a warning "Warning: Contains high % of acronym's"

But on a further note..... These games are for PC are they? Are they good Sims, or arcades?
Im in need of a new game... havnt had much chance of playing in the last 8 months... but need a good game, now i have upgraded parts of the PC!
yes "Pc simualtions" is what we are refering too
Old 30-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #16
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks, I have had a few 'sims' over the years...

a little o/t, but have any of you played a derivitive of Flatout Racing? Either 1 or 2?

That is one cool, fun game... Particularly at a lan...

With GTR2, what is the online component going to be like? All keen for a AFF Online race when things get going... ;)
Old 30-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #17
SWOOP
XRSVO

for sure when I get it we'll sort some battles out
Old 30-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #18
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

love an aff race
i was playing v8factor today thought i was getting pretty decent at it doing 2:19's around bathurst go to a online race and in qual people are pulling 2:16's boy was i shattered lol
v8 factor is really good because we can actually relate to it rather than play a series we never hear about. i think gtr2 is the superior game though through stability, and the menu system really also real car names do help make things less confusing.
i finding myself playing alot of V8F though.

Old 30-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
SWOOP
XRSVO

ruger gimme your email ill send my bathurst PB setup ,Ill pm you my online user name so you can find me
done 150+ laps so far with a pb 2:13 being pushed by another alien the lap was very messy
the best of herd of so far is in the 2:08's and Ive been racing with guys pulling 2.09-10's
I can keep a 2:14-15 race pace, with more testing I should be able to do sub 2:10s
Old 01-10-2006, 02:57 AM   #20
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Yeeeha thats crazy i got work to do! im not the best driver out there but i do race honestly without the assists and race cleanly. to give you an idea i can beat the ai on gtr on the standard 95 percent fairly comfortably in GT class with the 550 and NGT with the porsche i can win a race and have time to spare.
V8F is a lot more unforgiving than gtr it is a bit different jumping from a 550 to a V8 supercar though. you cant just point it in a bend and nail it and expect it to grip the v8supercar rear end feels very loose and comes out very easy and can be a handfull on the hair pin exits if your not paying close attention.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:08 AM   #21
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
Yeeeha thats crazy i got work to do! im not the best driver out there but i do race honestly without the assists and race cleanly. to give you an idea i can beat the ai on gtr on the standard 95 percent fairly comfortably in GT class with the 550 and NGT with the porsche i can win a race and have time to spare.
V8F is a lot more unforgiving than gtr it is a bit different jumping from a 550 to a V8 supercar though. you cant just point it in a bend and nail it and expect it to grip the v8supercar rear end feels very loose and comes out very easy and can be a handfull on the hair pin exits if your not paying close attention.
Got Torque Steer?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #22
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

torque steer? no thats for overpowered front drivers its more like "*******-OFF-I-GOT-700HP steer"

Old 01-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #23
SWOOP
XRSVO

haha torque steer wtf?
its snap oversteer and you need an eggshell under the foot on corner exit
(FOV has a slight effect on things aswell)
Old 01-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #24
Matthew
AU2 (Oo===oO) XR6

Cool im not the only person who races sims I got Rfactor got nearly all the mods for it my best around bathurst is a 2.9.948 just did it now but i know I can crack an 8 with time.
Do you guys just race F1's porches etc or only the v8s.
Anyway back to the track :evilsasmo
Old 01-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #25
SWOOP
XRSVO

Matthew thats just not fair 2:09 I just dont think its possible for me to go below 13's without having to use paddles ,auto clutch and abs (not gunna happen)
what control you using mate any aids etc?

I raced the porsche's all the time before the v8's
Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #26
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Yeah I play all those sims, GTL GTR GTR2, they are much better than the arcadey GT4 on the PS2. What I really love about GTR2 is the driving school. It teaches you braking points, racing lines and acceleration points for all tracks, I love it! The sense of speed in this game is awesome. You will love it.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #27
Matthew
AU2 (Oo===oO) XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOOP
Matthew thats just not fair 2:09 I just dont think its possible for me to go below 13's without having to use paddles ,auto clutch and abs (not gunna happen)
what control you using mate any aids etc?

I raced the porsche's all the time before the v8's
Dont use any aids just clutch but starting to drive with out it I noticed I now have better control under braking with out the clutch aid and ive further improved my time 2.9.613 but im kicking myself because the next lap I was 3 tenths up only to spin exiting the chase such a school boy error. :nutsycuck
Trust me mate you can crack that 13 easy just drive it smooth remember bathurst isnt like any other track it punishes you when you push get a nice corner entry and get a high corner exit speed its hard to explain because each part of the track requires a different style of driving which takes a bit to get around and it helps to have a good setup under you. :voldar02:
If you want i can show you a replay and lend you my setup.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #28
Matthew
AU2 (Oo===oO) XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon
Yeah I play all those sims, GTL GTR GTR2, they are much better than the arcadey GT4 on the PS2. What I really love about GTR2 is the driving school. It teaches you braking points, racing lines and acceleration points for all tracks, I love it! The sense of speed in this game is awesome. You will love it.
Yeah i heard it had a few good features and the tracks are awesome but some people are saying its a bit arcadey able to brake the lap records by 10 seconds that kinda put me off.
Rfactor seems very real the guy who did the physics for the v8s has received real data from the the v8s and translated it for the game and he has driven v8s before so cant be that bad same goes for other mods like the porches, Reno Megane series etc all real data and driver feedback and there fun to drive :eclipsee_ :
Old 01-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #29
SWOOP
XRSVO

yeah did a few laps before after a change to my setup and pulled a 13 on cold tyres then got wiped by a noob (online) and was up 0.5 on that ,crack'd it and to tied now
I just need some more time
Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #30
Matthew
AU2 (Oo===oO) XR6

Yeah that got to suck lol had that happen to me in qualy would of got poll if it werent for some noob in his tkr commodore didnt matter i still won.
The more laps the better ive done like over 400 laps lol so id expect to be quick with that many laps