Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
FRA
Mr Focus

Default Just spotted 88 betta electrical car on the road

I was at a set of traffic lights just down the road from home and
I saw the 88 Betta Electrical car. Maybe it was a show/sponsor car.
It had the race wing and all the stickers on but I didn't have time to see if it had on the race front bar.
As the lights went green he give me the thumbs up and I did the same back to him. All I can say is he's 1 lucky dude to be driving that around.
Just about lost my load when I saw it....lol
I'm assuming that he lives down around that way near us. Wouldn't mind becoming mates with that guy....lmao

Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

lol Rob ya knob, it wasn't the V8 Supercar. He was probably jealous because you have a bigger wing than him!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
Marshy79

There is a place here in Melbourne which mocks up normal road cars to look like the V8 Supercars.

Could have a similar mob in Brissy
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
There is a place here in Melbourne which mocks up normal road cars to look like the V8 Supercars.

Could have a similar mob in Brissy
I'd be interested to know where this is...
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Marshy79

Well all i know is I mentioned that I saw heaps of cars that were mocked up like V8 supercars leaving an area around Blackburn Rd / Ferntree gully rd.

The dudes at work told me there was a place that made the mock ups.

I personally have not visited the place... and unfortunately I dont work there anymore to ask them for more details.

Google might help.
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've seen plenty of "promo racecars" at the tracks over the years. Some good, some ordinary and even some mock F1 Cars too at G.P.'s and motorshows.

BTW I spotted the Holden (sorry for swearing!!!) Airship South of the Blue Mountains National Park on it's way back from Bathurst yesterday. It was "bobbing up and down like a cork in the ocean". So I hope the guy flying it took his Quells.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
FRA
Mr Focus

Just saw the 888 Betta Electrical car in someones drive way. I know it itsnt the real thing only another show/sponsor car. But DAMN it looks good.
So I parked in the next street beside it. Then I walked over and pressed the door bell but.... no answer...lol
So I just had a good look at the car and lost my load again...TeeHee
Even at the Holden dealership they had 1 of Mark Skaiffe, theres a Jack Danniels one driving around here at Capalaba too. Maybe its cars for the managers of the sponsors.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #8
rodderz

It would of probably been Mike from total driver, who do driving courses and promo things at V8 Supercar events

He did a thread on the buildup of it somewhere on these forums about 2 months back, not sure which forum though
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post