Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
MarkAW

Default These Bastards should be whipped

About three months ago we had a spate of cars being torched in our street at a park across the road by local gang of trouble makers. To date we've had about 8 cars burnt, all of them being Commodores from pre-security VN model through to the supposedly secure VT model.

The latest one occurred last night, an old VN waggon with a nice set of wheels on it. We were woken at 2:30am to the explosion of the tyres which by that time the mongrels are long gone as they don't wait to witness the fire. If I could get one alone in a room with my baseball bat there'd be just a red slimey mess on the floor when I walked out - ****** I hate these people.

Fellow members please no comments like "Holden were built to burn" or similar, many of these cars were somebody's pride and joy or their only means of getting around. They deserve our sympathy and support not further denigration.

MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

where about in sydney this happening mate?

i feel your anger mate, theyre scum and these cars are sombody's pride and joy, whether it be a ford, holden or a lada.

have the cops been notified, maybe patrolled the area?
Old 17-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Just an observation, I didn't realise that Sydney has a pretty bad gang problem. Im sure Melbourne has it to, but not to the same extent IMO.

That sucks.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Happening here is canberra too. About 10 cars stolen and burnt in 26 hours...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Happening here is canberra too. About 10 cars stolen and burnt in 26 hours...
damn! ill stay here in north qld thanks... where if someone takes a car, either that car has no fuel, wasnt wanted, or theyll return it by nightfall.

the most anyone can do is try and secure their cars park them in the driveway or out back, remove all valuables or just call the cops as soon as something happens

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I get cars dumped opposite my bedroom window a fair bit. Most are stolen to order by backyard panelbeaters. (Roofs chopped off and such).
My uncle is a towie in Campbelltown and he gets 3-4 calls every night to come pick up a burnt car. The people that do it have no respect for anything, and even if they do get caught, only get a slap on the wrist.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
MarkAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook
where about in sydney this happening mate?

i feel your anger mate, theyre scum and these cars are sombody's pride and joy, whether it be a ford, holden or a lada.
I live in the dreaded Mt Druitt - but really this happens everywhere these days. I'm a member of a woodworking forum - my other hobby - and we've had members with their cars burnt in Melb. and Sydney suburbs and country towns. We need to take to these people with big sticks and beat the ****** out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook
have the cops been notified, maybe patrolled the area?
Some of the problems with this is:

a) By the time you know of it is when the tyres are exploding. They're long gone

b) If they don't care about stealing, riding then torching somebody's car, they'd think nothing of throwing a molitov through a home window if they suspected you of calling the cops. At best you could expect you car to be torched in the driveway. I own my own home and I've just spent 100K in reno works of mine and the banks money. I luv my house and the area here is good (private section of Mt D - not the Housing Comm area) other than the burning cars. That said yes I do call the cops but ask them not to call personally to the property. I have no problem talking to them at their place or by phone but not with a patrol car in the from yard.

Polyal
When I said "gang" I suppose I didn't mean formal gangs with colours etc like in the movies but certainly about 5 or 6 of the ar**holes hanging around together for the purpose of stealing and torching cars - some to ride the car, other to provide wheels to leave in.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

I agree they should have the snot belted out of em.
My old apprentice bought a turbo vl commodore as soon as he had saved enough money,within 6 months it was stolen from a shopping centre carpark and turned up burnt in St Mary's a few days later,he was devestated to say the least.
The best we can do to stop it is to make our cars harder to steal.
I keep my XA locked up in a seperate alarmed garage,behind a 4" steel bar,and never go anywhere where Id have to leave it unobserved..
Old 17-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

I would have thought that murder-by-baseball-bat is a more haneous crime than grand theft and arson....

They'll get what's coming to them. At my school there was a bunch of tools who used to run around breaking into houses, stealing cars etc. Thought they were god's gift to crime... until they ripped off a bloke who was GENUINELY into organised crime. Dont know what happened to some of those guys, I dont want to know.

If i was so concerned about this kinda stuff happening in my area, i'd move.

Lol, friends in Sydney constantly rag me about living in Adelaide. But that kinda thing rarely happens down here. If a car gets torched here - it makes the local paper. A spate of this activity would make the nightly news. Our newspapers last year were full for a few weeks about a spate of tyre slitting that was happening in one area.
Old 17-11-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
So someone shoould move out of the house and or suburb they love?
All because some snotty nosed would be soprano's run amok?
NO,I would never do that,there comes a time when you have to stand up and say enough.
Old 17-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #12
BlackLS

See if you could push the council to install video surveillance on a streetlamp. Is there much traffic in your street?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
4.9 EF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
So someone shoould move out of the house and or suburb they love?
All because some snotty nosed would be soprano's run amok?
NO,I would never do that,there comes a time when you have to stand up and say enough.
Whaddya gonna do - go and shoot them? Yes im sure that'll work out better for everyone : Complain about it on a car forum? Even better.

If your police are failing to protect you then go live somewhere that is safe.
Old 17-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
Hall_e

Yer i saw a red AU either xr6 or 8 get burnt down last night was preety big fire 2
Hall_e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #15
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It's a disgrace. There should be a darn good shilacking for such people who willingly destroy the property of others.

This just doesn't happen in our lilly livered society.

Darn shame!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #16
ltd
Force Fed Fords

See what happens when you remove punishment from society?
Who let the social engineers out who decided that nobody deserves to go to jail?
Years ago, do a car theft and torch it and you would have to do 2-5 years. Now, you get counselling. What an absolute farcical mess our crappy society is becoming.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #17
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

here, its the fruitpickers, they steal a car in QLD and drive it down here and dump it, work for the season then steal another and go back up to QLD for their season...
Every year there are many,many cars burnt out, dumped on the channel bank and all the council do is remove them or if theyre not in the way they leave it for a few months...i ve had a car stolen twice by these buggers
Now im not nice to them when they "drop in for a chat" because they see the doors open and light on in the shed at 2 am.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #18
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Whaddya gonna do - go and shoot them? Yes im sure that'll work out better for everyone : Complain about it on a car forum? Even better.

If your police are failing to protect you then go live somewhere that is safe.
Shoot them?
Umm no,but you dont have to put up with it either.
theres no middle ground is there?
I wouldnt put up with it,seems takeing responsibility for your own life and not expecting a helping hand only applies to economic issues _2:

Dont worry,I confuse my left and right myself sometimes,
usually when Im drunk :P
Old 17-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #19
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

completely agree, car thieves are s*c*u*m. They need to identified publicly and do comunity service and pay off what they have destroyed, otherwise a public flogging, but that wonnt happen cos they had a hard childhood or something.........
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #20
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Mates car got stolen many years ago, the guys that did it got busted with over $100K in stolen gear in there back yard and shed/garage, and they got off with a bond, go figure.

If the council won't set up cameras then maybe you could do it yourself, set them on motion sensors, when you have them give it to the police but keep copies for yourself, that way if nothing is done just hand it in to one of the current affair shows. They eat this shyte for breakfast and love giving it to the authorities/councils who do very little to stop it from going on.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #21
xr8man83
Grunt Files

thats horrible and im with you those people need to be wipped i would be devastated if that happind to me
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #22
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

Quote:

then when he moves to a new area, and the same thing (or something else just as bad) happens there, he has to move again?. put some thought into it....
Old 17-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #23
crossingover

Guys i live in a suburb called Broadmeadows in melb we also have alot of ****sters out and about at nights they are usually the same mob and smoke dope and so at known parks and oval regualarly.Last month my wife was coming home from work in her celica about 7pm ,2 streets down from us 5 to 6 young punks stood in front of her car kicked her door in and attempted to take the keys out of the ignition and when he reached in he grabbed my wife and kissed her.She eventually started the car and took off.When she got home she was in histerics and crying.I was fuming so i jumped in the AU went down there observed these guys closely said hi to them and left.After alitlle research through my son and associates i found out where they hang out.went down to their hangout at 1 am with three other very supportive friends and intimidating weapons,firstly cornered them with a mate while other mate burnt their cars and then gave them a hiding they will never forget im sure of as i havnt seem them for two weeks.You might think i was alittle out of line or so but thats my way of dealing with punks when it comes to my family and assets.I could of called the police and yes the police do a great job but the justice system and courts will let them slip through with a slap on the wrist and they will come back for revenge as they know i dobbed them in and wont be long before they recognise my car and face.I have not chosen to take the law into my own hands i have strong faith in police and always will! its the courts and juvenile justice system i have no faith in.
crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #24
4.9 EF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Shoot them?
Umm no,but you dont have to put up with it either.
theres no middle ground is there?
I wouldnt put up with it,seems takeing responsibility for your own life and not expecting a helping hand only applies to economic issues _2:

Dont worry,I confuse my left and right myself sometimes,
usually when Im drunk :P
Yes we are all keen to preach about the benefits of the middle ground.

But where is it?

As per my original question. What do you propose be done?

The obvious suggestion is to alert the police, but people wont even bother doing that because they're under the impression that "the cops wont do *****".

Beat the ***** out of them?

What?

Quote:
then when he moves to a new area, and the same thing (or something else just as bad) happens there, he has to move again?. put some thought into it....
There is a world outside of sydney. Although ive given up in trying to convince Sydneysiders of this fact. My point? You dont have to accept crime as a fact of life... unless you live in a big city.

Crossingover, i dont really support crimes against criminals, but completely understandable that you would react that way. More to the point, im glad that you didnt become the subject of any criminal accusations yourself. And that's why i dont think people should take matters like that into their own hands, good people dont belong in jail but all it takes is one f--k up to put them there. Ive seen it myself.

To everyone here who slags the system off for being too lenient - you would be the FIRST ones to utilise such loopholes ("i was protecting my family, dont send me to jail") when you were arrested for killing one of these low lives (all it takes is one punch in the wrong spot and you're up for manslaughter, i bet the bloke who was charged with Hookes' killing only meant to 'teach him a lesson').
Old 17-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #25
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
If the council won't set up cameras then maybe you could do it yourself, set them on motion sensors, when you have them give it to the police but keep copies for yourself, that way if nothing is done just hand it in to one of the current affair shows.
No way, you'd get done for invasion of privacy! LOL!

What a crazy world we live in, when the laws seem to protect the crims and currupt.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 17-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #26
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingover
I was fuming so i jumped in the AU went down there observed these guys closely said hi to them and left.After alitlle research through my son and associates i found out where they hang out.went down to their hangout at 1 am with three other very supportive friends and intimidating weapons,firstly cornered them with a mate while other mate burnt their cars and then gave them a hiding they will never forget im sure of as i havnt seem them for two weeks.You might think i was alittle out of line or so but thats my way of dealing with punks when it comes to my family and assets.
That kind of response could get you in real strife. I understand your anger and all, but mate, our legal system doesn't really allow people to protect their family and property anymore!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 17-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #27
crossingover

you are right in many ways 4.9 ef it is a very confusing and hard situation to be in at times.And can lead to a fatal ending.Unfortunately once again like i say the justice system in australia needs a big shake up.These kids under 18 are really out of control and know nothing will happen to them.I watched a show on current affair in regards to teenagers abusing and threatening neighbours and all they could do was get an avo or move out as most people were leaving there houses.IM amazed and shocked why is the justice system allowing these guys to commit such serious crimes and then do nothing?makes me think is this what australia really wants?our teen on drugs criminals uneducated as it will be easier for them in the future to manage coming society.In my days growing up around here police were strickt we would have fear from the law knowing we might end up in jail.LOL these guys love it.I also feel sorry for the parents of these teens ,as the law has know said dont smack your kids.what a joke let them be criminals.Honestly the australian way has really lost the plot a 15 year old guy down the street called protective services after his dad beat him for waging constantly and police and a community worker came helped the guy take his belongings and removed him.I know this guys dad he is a pleasant bloke but unfortunaletly the kid says in australia you cant smack me i know my rights and shoots off to orana family services.We live next door to orana family services in meadowheights melbourne.many nights i have had punch ons with the carers there as i have saved a 11 year old girl from being bashed and dragged across the road in front of my eyes and many wittnesses and family members there to prove.At that time we called the baptist church as they were th co founder of orana they did not investigate,so we decided to call a current affair as kids were being beaten and not fed .These kids range from 7 to 16 year olds all played on the streets till approx midnight then got bashed if refused to go inside.Eventually police came to my house and told me to keep away from them and stop making trouble.The system here is corrupt and controled from the inside these guys get govment funding ,do a hokey pokey speach and look good oh! and also take your kids from you if your a bad parent.Basically the system i believe has a plan and is deliberately breeding these thugs and protecting them.
crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #28
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
No way, you'd get done for invasion of privacy! LOL!

What a crazy world we live in, when the laws seem to protect the crims and currupt.

GK
They already do this in parts of Campbelltown, they look like speed cameras but twice the height, and their mounted at the end of long roads on the outskirts of C'town, to catch car and waste dumpers. There are 12 of these around Campbelltown.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #29
GK
Walking with God

Whilst I agree with many things you are saying, you've got a bit of a conspiracy theory going there!

I'm a teacher, so I understand the smug attitudes of kids, see it almost every day. Very annoying. I remember being able to get the cuts for not doing homework. Can't remember not doing it! LOL!

I guess our society has become far too tolerant of what we call "misdemeanors". There are so many parents not being able to control their kids, because they'd get booked if they did what was needed to get them under control.

Net result, the kids go wild, have no respect for authority or anything but themselves and the police don't seem to be able to do much at all about it.

If they did, most kids get a little slap on the wrist anyway, what's the point if the softy judges are letting the kids get away with it.

And so the problematic cycle spins!

I guess we just need to ensure we bring our own kids up right, at least then they will respect themselves, others and property.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 17-11-2006, 06:34 PM   #30
4.9 EF Futura

I dont disagree with you at all crossingover. As stated, my concern surrounds your own freedom.

And i'd also suggest that, whilst this may be the ways of the wild wild east - there's plenty of places in Australia which probably resemble your memories of growing up. Most of the punk kids down here are still ***** scared of the cops, and so they should be.

If this is the kind of behaviour you see day in, day out - then im not suprised that you've lost faith in the system.