Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #1
yabby6
The Convert

Default my not so great night/week

I am a bit ****ed off at the moment, i just wanted to share my saturday night story with everybody.

So anyway, saturday night I was just not feeling in the mood to do anything, but it was a good mate of mine's birthday and I had given him my word I would drop in to his birthday gathering that night, couldn't be bothered drinking so I just drove a few mates out there so they could drink. So I got there and saw about 97% people I didn't know, mainly 40+ aged, I'm guessing family. About 5 people I know out of the **** load of people I didn't. Instantly felt out of place so I headed for home I told my mates to call me when they wanted to go home. On the way home I got a call from another mate telling me to come to town because apparently there was heaps of people getting around (Geelong, Skandia night), so I headed in. Anyway, he was right, a lot of drunk people all over the streets, was heading down hill to a set of traffic lights, about to turn right, some drunk bloke stumbling all over the joint on a traffic island in the middle of the road, so I'm keeping an eye on him as I go past, he is coming dangerously close to my car, I pass him and realise at this point the traffic lights are already orange and I'm about 5m away from the stop lines at the intersection, I get on the brakes as I don't have a clue how long they have been orange for because I'd been focusing on this bloke that nearly became a permanent add-on to my front end. I end up sitting stationary dead smack in the middle of the intersection, and at this point the cars to my left and right have a green light, I thought about reversing but somebody had already pulled right up to the stop lines, so I'm thinking I had better move my car out of the middle of the intersection, so I go around the corner, and yes, the very first car to my left happened to be a cop. So he pulls me over and he seems to be ok at first I thought he would've understood and let me off with a warning or something small as he saw the whole thing, but no, he decides to tell me I'll be receiving some mail outlining the fact I'm going to lose 3 points and cop a fine. So I'm not the happiest bloke getting around, so I pull over for a bit, cool off, and decide to head home. On the way home I get a call from one of my mates that I dropped off earlier in the night telling me he's about ready to go home and I head back out to the bloke's house whose birthday it is. All is good by this stage and I pull in for a while and mingle with a few mates that have arrived since I left, after about 15 minutes I'm heading out to drop the other people off, and going down the highway past one of the most built-up areas on the whole road, passing a major intersection with houses on either side a kangaroo jumps out of nowhere right in front of my car and just sits in the middle of the road, I jump on the brakes once again but it was too late and the roo wipes out my front bumper, headlight, and puts my bonnet off centre and completely f*cks my drivers side foglight up. I get out and look for the roo, couldn't find it, the car is still drivable so I go home after dropping friends off.

This was all saturday night.

Monday comes and I call Beaurepaires Geelong to see if my new rims have arrived as I'm currently driving around on stockies because I'm waiting an extra week because the last set I ordered from Beaurepaires they ordered from a place that was out of stock (thanks for checking that before you ordered, *******.), and they tell me they haven't even ordered the second set from the other stockist. So now I have a front end that's all banged up and am getting around on ef rears and a mixture of ba and bf fronts. Oh and did I mention I was supposed to receive my insurance papers to finalise more than two weeks ago and still haven't arrived in the mail? So no insurance either. Isn't that just wonderful...

If anybody has taken the time to read all this, I raise my hat to you.

Brett.

Old 30-01-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a rough patch and a half

Bad luck mate!

Hopefully the next weeks makeup for it :P
Old 30-01-2007, 04:45 AM   #3
havoc19
Banned

I dont wanna sound like an ******** but if people get in the way of my car i gun the ****** they can either get the **** out of my way or end up on the bonnet either i got insurance so it doesnt mean **** to me.
Old 30-01-2007, 04:58 AM   #4
Hitman
Way over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc19
I dont wanna sound like an ******** but if people get in the way of my car i gun the ****** they can either get the **** out of my way or end up on the bonnet either i got insurance so it doesnt mean **** to me.

***** *** ** **** idiot *** **** **** then *** and ***.
Old 30-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
nat_daly
Nat D

Quote:
haha thats so stupid..

lifes a ***** some times, **** happens

i feel sorry for ya mate
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
Old 30-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
xalent
Red Eye Racing

S H I T happens in threes. You should be right for a while now!
Old 30-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
Scott

Quote:
You are a fool.

Yabby6 - sounds like a really crappy night, no insurance must hurt!
Old 30-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
doofdoof23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabby6
I am a bit ****ed off at the moment, i just wanted to share my saturday night story with everybody.

So anyway, saturday night I was just not feeling in the mood to do anything

Brett.
It was a sign.........

And to the spastic idiot that reckons he guns his car whenever he sees someone crossing the road or walking near it, i hope that same rule applies to you when your walking home from a night on the piiss...
Old 30-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My advice, lose the mates. I manage OK with no friends so it can be done. I am slowly teaching my wife to drive to make her more useful. She is still getting used to the idea that when you are in reverse and turn the wheel to the left the car goes right, etc. She has been licensed for 24 years!

As far as accelerating at people on the road goes, mmmm.

I had a woman fool (that I worked with) do that to me at the gatehouse, right in front of a security gaurd. She was stopped at the gatehouse window when I crossed in front of her as the boom gate was down. When I was mid way through crossing the gate went up and she accelerated in her Excel straight at me. I had to leap out of her path in such a hurry that I dropped my mobile and smashed it in the gutter. When I approached her inside I asked politely "did you see me crossing", to which the feral ***** replied "next time don't f-ing walk in fornt of me". I got my dad (who was a senior manager at the plant, no it wasn't Sydney Ferries) to call up the security guard and verify what happened. They didn't sack her but she got a talking to. She is a little mole with kids to two or three different men.
Old 30-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

thats real unlucky mate!
so are you defn out of insurance? they usually have to send you a letter saying that your insurance will not be continued from a certain date etc.

best of luck with the insurance!
Old 30-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #11
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
I didnt think you could top the last stupid post of yours...
You are a hero. i suppose the same would apply to children?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 30-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
I hope you enjoy gaol stays, because that's where you'd be headed. Insurance doesn't get you off being a moron on the road.

To the OP, sounds like a real **** of a night. Kept it together a lot better than I would.
Old 30-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #13
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I dont wanna sound like an ********
Given you last couple of attempts at posting id say that's impossible....

Old 30-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #14
Kryton

Quote:
Oh and did I mention I was supposed to receive my insurance papers to finalise more than two weeks ago and still haven't arrived in the mail? So no insurance either. Isn't that just wonderful...
as soon as you get a quote for insurance, they will cover you for 1 month from that date. if you crash in that time they will ask you to pay for the policy and the excess and then they will repair your car.
i would head down to the insurer and make sure you definately DONT have insurance before you pay for the repairs yourself.
Old 30-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
congo3sr

Thumbs down

Quote:
: GO AWAY,You Ignorant person of dubious parentage :
Old 30-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #16
yabby6
The Convert

As for the insurance, it turned out the front wasn't as bad as I first suspected, I can probably get it fixed for less than my excess, I took the car around to a mates place and put it up on the hoist, ripped the front bar off and the headlight out, the bonnet is a little off centre but that should be an easy fix, it was just wedged up by the headlight, which will need to be replaced because it's cracked and the chrome rings inside have come off and are floating around inside the headlight, we put the heat gun on to the bumper and pushed it out with some welding gloves, which returned it to nearly original shape, just a few paint flex marks and some cracks, glued some of it back together, it should keep me going until I can get some $$ together to get a new one. Now has me thinking on a bodykit from AWC so maybe it hasn't been so bad after all.

I just got back from The Tyre Factory in Geelong today, who I went to see after cracking the shits with Beaurepaires, and they did everything in one day I now have 19s on the car, for $10 more than I was going to pay for 18s at Beaurepaires.

So I'm not so ****ed off anymore, thanks to everyone who has replied.
Old 30-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #17
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you want a tissue Yabby. lol

XE project underway
Old 30-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #18
Greenhorn
Pimpin My VK

geeze that sucks brett, nice car btw
Old 30-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #19
yabby6
The Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
geeze that sucks brett, nice car btw
Did I go to school with you? Your car looks like an ed xr replica i've seen getting around my area.
Old 30-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #20
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did I go to school with you? Your car looks like an ed xr replica i've seen getting around my area.

I believe that I have seen it to in my area to accually the same street that I live in

XE project underway
Old 30-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #21
Greenhorn
Pimpin My VK

yeah its me chris, i live next 2 doogs
Old 08-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #22
N4th4n
Loving my GT

lol, dam man, that sucks.

Personally, I'd go and buy a lotto ticket lol
Old 08-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #23
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Thread mine much?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 08-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #24
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
They didn't sack her but she got a talking to. She is a little mole with kids to two or three different men.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #25
yabby6
The Convert

lol cant believe this thread is still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4th4n
lol, dam man, that sucks.

Personally, I'd go and buy a lotto ticket lol
you'd think so, but you'd have been wasting your money... that was a long time ago now... cant be bothered with all the details, but trust me, it got worse before it got any better... actually it never got better, i just became more tolerant. the car is cursed.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #26
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
lol cant believe this thread is still alive...

It just died.

Closed Thread