Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Default XR6 or T Series in Amaretto?

Does anyone know if the AU series 1 xr6 or T series came out in the paint colour amaretto. I need a new bumper and if I can get a second hand one it will be a lot cheaper. I dont even have a clue how much it would cost to respay one in that colour, thanks Joel

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Nope. Was a pov pack colour only.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Dang, any idea where I can find a list of the colours for the XR6 and T Series out of interest?

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 20-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Have you tried doing a search. I remember a thread on here some time ago, that had all the colour codes listed.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...warticle&id=10

From Tech Resources
Old 20-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Yeah thanks I found that one but it doesn't mention which colour goes on what vehicle, just the colours available across the entire range

Old 20-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

I have seen a Series I XR6 in Amaretto but from what i gather it was a very rare colour. Not many at all made.

As for colours XR's came in:

Series I:

Oxford Green
Venom Red
Silhouette
Winter White
Liquid Silver
Galaxy Blue
Regency Red - was a Series I XR6 with the 16" alloys, made a special order for the DP of The Harden Ford Dealership. He also had a BA made in Barossa Red.

Series II:

Narooma Blue
Venom Red
Liquid Silver
Congo Green
Silhouette
Winter White

Series III:

As above
Blueprint
Meteorite
Monsoon Blue

That's off the top of my head so there's probably a few missing.
Old 20-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Thanks austin

Old 20-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I remember seeing a Forte with an XR front ... that was for sale ... and was in Amaretto ... I'd say the owner for the front and sprayed it the Forte factory colour.

There was a pic of it on here about a year ago ... had a quick search but nothing really jumped out at me with the pic in mind.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Also Dynamic White and Winter White changed over sometime in Series I ... not sure when either.

From what I have seen so far though only Winter White XRs ... I think taxi-packs got the Dynamic White.
Old 20-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I remember seeing a Forte with an XR front ... that was for sale ... and was in Amaretto ... I'd say the owner for the front and sprayed it the Forte factory colour.

There was a pic of it on here about a year ago ... had a quick search but nothing really jumped out at me with the pic in mind.
yeah i remember that one too, the one i saw is a local car and its definitely an XR - has the full kit, biplane and dash cluster.
Old 20-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

RUQ1KA, had either a rare xr6 or a mock up in amaretto, looked real clean, had all the badges, he bought it like that from the dealer, Anyway he sold that about a year ago.

Old 20-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's the one I was thinking of.
Old 20-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #14
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I have seen a Series I XR6 in Amaretto but from what i gather it was a very rare colour. Not many at all made.

As for colours XR's came in:

Series I:

Oxford Green
Venom Red
Silhouette
Winter White
Liquid Silver
Galaxy Blue
Regency Red - was a Series I XR6 with the 16" alloys, made a special order for the DP of The Harden Ford Dealership. He also had a BA made in Barossa Red.

Series II:

Narooma Blue
Venom Red
Liquid Silver
Congo Green
Silhouette
Winter White

Series III:

As above
Blueprint
Meteorite
Monsoon Blue

That's off the top of my head so there's probably a few missing.
Galaxy was also a SII colour im sure
Old 20-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #15
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...ad.php?t=33336

Thats what the car looks like

Old 20-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #16
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

This pic
Old 20-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #17
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Thanks mate, i was trying to post it but was being told the pic was to big

Old 20-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

strange ... I just [img] linked it from the other thread straight into here.
Old 20-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
Galaxy was also a SII colour im sure
You sure? I dont think Ive ever seen one.
Old 20-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #20
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
strange ... I just [img] linked it from the other thread straight into here.
ahh, see i saved it and went to add it as an attachment to a new post

Old 20-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #21
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wasnt that amoretto the 75th anniversary colour? i know one was

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #22
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
wasnt that amoretto the 75th anniversary colour? i know one was
Nah that wasnt amaretto, the 75th anniversary one was called sand something lol. cant remember the colour name!
Old 21-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #23
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
You sure? I dont think Ive ever seen one.
Might not have been XR but in T series it was cause i have one in the shed